Central United Methodist Church of Decatur AL
Our History
Central United Methodist Church, Decatur, Alabama (Central) was organized in 1898 by the consolidation of the Southside and Eastside Methodist Churches. Central has expressed good growth over the more than 100 years of its continued ministry and services to the people of Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama.  In addition to its strong support of missions, Central has an excellent preschool program providing structured daily experiences which promote sound Christian, emotional, physical and spiritual growth that began operating in 1979 as theCentral Weekday School. Another important outreach is Central's strong support to Boy Scouts by its sponsorship of Troop 260 of Boy Scouts of America.

Central has undergone several construction periods in its history and in 1999 began a long range "Building In Faith" program for needed space and improvements to existing facilities. During year 2000, plans for major additions and improvements in the amount of $4.1 million dollars were approved with ground breaking occurring on March 11, 2001.  With this added space and improvements Central will be able to better serve and minister to its members and the community. We now offer a 250-seat Fellowship hall, gymnasium, walking track, 70-seat chapel, and easy access to all of our facilities.
 

 


Welcoming Angels
Sunday, 01 September 2019

Home | Times & Directions | Listen Online | Prayer Requests | Online Giving | Sitemap | Contact Us
Copyright 2011 Central United Methodist Church | 616 Jackson St SE Decatur, AL 35601 | Phone: 256-353-6941

twitter   fb   insta